Oishiya is a modern ryokan (traditional hotel) located in Futaminoura, a small beachside town within Ise Shima National Park. The famous Meoto-iwa or the Wedded Rocks are right in front of the hotel. Japanese people have enjoyed watching the sunrise over these rocks since old times. Other nearby attractions include Ise Jingu (a grand Shinto shrine complex), Okage Yokocho (Edo-period townscape), Ise Azuchi Momoyama Bunkamura (Sengoku-period theme park) and Mikimoto Pearl Island (the home of Mikimoto pearls).
Oishiya was established in 1887 and completely renovated in the fall of 2001. The inside of the hotel including the halls is covered with tatami mats so that guests can walk around with bare feet like a real Japanese home.
Each guest room offers a view of either the ocean or the mountains. A full view of the ocean can be seen from the large mineral spring baths. We have outdoor baths and saunas as well. Two new baths are available on a private basis without additional charge. Soak yourself and relax to the fresh smell of wood. After bath, drink a cold local beer.
For dinner, enjoy charbroiled seafood and traditional Japanese food in your guest rooms. For drinks, we have Nagano's sake and rare Shochu vodka from Kumamoto.
Come and spend your vacation in the Japanese way.
- Check in: Until 6:00pm if your reservation includes dinner. Otherwise, Until 8:00pm.
- Curfew: 11:00pm
- In-room safes are available. No coin-operated lockers.
- You may leave your luggage at front desk before check-in and after checkout.
- Nearby convenience store (24 hours open) is 5 minutes from the hotel on foot.
- Nearby restaurants close around 9:00pm.
- Please do not bring food into the guest rooms.